The following Safeguarding Against Medical Identity Theft Training is designed to educate healthcare providers (HCP) on the definition of medical identity theft.
What you will learn:
- Potential signs of medical identity theft
- Legal obligations related to patient privacy
- Effective preventative measures
- Reporting procedures in medical identity theft events
- How to effectively communicate with patients about their personal health information
- The importance of regular audits
- Ongoing training requirements for staff
- The role of technology in safeguarding against medical identity theft
- Ethical considerations in handling patient data
Once completed, you will receive a certificate of completion. Course length: 1 hour
The information contained in these trainings was derived from publications of HHS, CMS, NIH, FTC, Justice.gov, AZAG, OJP, and HealthIT(Government Sourced Material). None of the planners, authors or instructors for this activity have any relevant financial relationships to disclose. The Government Sourced Material used by AMC is available for no charge on their associated websites. The use of the Government Sourced Material by AMC does not imply endorsement or recommendation by HHS, CMS, NIH, FTC, Justice.gov, AZAG, OJP, and HealthIT or by the United States Government, of AMC, its enterprise, its facility, its services or its products. © 2024 American Medical Compliance, no copyright claimed in Government Sourced Material. If you are not completely satisfied with this course within 30 days you will receive a full refund.