This license is for a single user. If you need additional licenses for teams of 100 or more, please contact us for special pricing.
The following Prevention and Handling of Hazardous Materials in Healthcare is designed to educate healthcare staff to minimize their risk of exposure to hazardous material and provide prevention guidelines.
What you will learn:
- Introduction to handling hazardous materials
- Background of hazardous materials in the healthcare industry
- Description of hazardous exposures in healthcare
- What is a chemical hazard?
- Hazard Communication Standard
- What is the Hazard Communication Standard (HCS)?
- Preventing exposure to hazardous materials
- Protect others by protecting yourself
- The importance of PPE in preventing chemical hazards
- Safely using personal protective equipment (PPE)
- How to handle chemical spills
- How to clean a chemical spill
- Disposing of spills
Once completed, you will receive a certificate of completion to verify you have finished the training. Course length: 45 minutes.
The information contained in these trainings was derived from publications of OSHA, OCR, FDA, CDC, NIAID, ATSDR, HHS or WHO (Government Sourced Material). None of the planners, authors or instructors for this activity have any relevant financial relationships to disclose. The Government Sourced Material used by AMC is available for no charge on their associated websites. The use of the Government Sourced Material by AMC does not imply endorsement or recommendation by OSHA, OCR, FDA, CDC, NIAID, ATSDR, HHS or WHO or by the United States Government, of AMC, its enterprise, its facility, its services or its products. © 2024 American Medical Compliance, no copyright claimed in Government Sourced Material. If you are not completely satisfied with this course within 30 days you will receive a full refund.