This license is for a single user. If you need additional licenses for teams of 100 or more, please contact us for special pricing.
The following Opioid Prescribing and Opioid Abuse Training for Dental Healthcare Providers is designed to provide Dental Healthcare Providers (DHCP) guidelines for prescribing opioids, such as opioid risks, dosage amount, and how to prevent an overdose.
What you will learn:
- Introduction to prescription opioids
- Side effects of prescription opioids
- Opioid misuse and death statistics
- Opioid use in dentistry
- Recommendations to improve practice
- Opioid selection and dosage
- Assessing risks of opioid use
- Deciding whether to initiate or continue opioid therapy
- Calculating total daily dosages of opioids
- Opioid overdose basics
- Signs and symptoms of an opioid overdose
- Challenges faced in dentistry
Once completed, you will receive a certificate of completion to verify you have finished the training. Course length: 1 hour; CEU: 1.
The information contained in these trainings was derived from publications of OSHA, OCR, FDA, CDC, NIAID, ATSDR, HHS or WHO (Government Sourced Material). None of the planners, authors or instructors for this activity have any relevant financial relationships to disclose. The Government Sourced Material used by AMC is available for no charge on their associated websites. The use of the Government Sourced Material by AMC does not imply endorsement or recommendation by OSHA, OCR, FDA, CDC, NIAID, ATSDR, HHS or WHO or by the United States Government, of AMC, its enterprise, its facility, its services or its products. © 2024 American Medical Compliance, no copyright claimed in Government Sourced Material. If you are not completely satisfied with this course within 30 days you will receive a full refund.