The following Laser Safety in Surgical Practice Training is designed to educate surgical healthcare providers on the basic principles of laser operation.
What you will learn:
- How lasers interact with different tissues
- National laser safety standards
- Potential hazards associated with surgical laser use
- The role of protective equipment
- Responding to laser accidents
- Legal responsibilities of using lasers in surgery
- Routine maintenance of laser equipment
Once completed, you will receive a certificate of completion. Course length: 1 hour
The information contained in these trainings was derived from publications of NIH, EHS, CDC, OSHA, and TDI (Government Sourced Material). None of the planners, authors or instructors for this activity have any relevant financial relationships to disclose. The Government Sourced Material used by AMC is available for no charge on their associated websites. The use of the Government Sourced Material by AMC does not imply endorsement or recommendation by NIH, EHS, CDC, OSHA, TDI or by the United States Government, of AMC, its enterprise, its facility, its services or its products. © 2024 American Medical Compliance, no copyright claimed in Government Sourced Material. If you are not completely satisfied with this course within 30 days you will receive a full refund.