This license is for a single user. If you need additional licenses for teams of 100 or more, please contact us for special pricing.
The following Infection Control for Nursing Homes and Long Term Facilities course is designed to educate nursing staff to minimize their risk of exposure to SARS-CoV-2 and reduce the risk for residents during the COVID-19 pandemic.
What you will learn:
- How to implement an infection control program for nursing homes
- How to prepare for COVID-19 in nursing homes
- How to assign trained individuals to provide on-site management of the infection prevention and control program
- How to educate residents about COVID-19
- How to plan for visitor restrictions
- How to evaluate and manage healthcare personnel
- How to properly use personal protective equipment (PPE)
- How to care for residents with COVID-19 in the facility
- How to create a plan for managing new admissions
- How to evaluate residents
- Additional infection control strategies for long-term facilities
- How to determine the facility's reopening status
- Important information on COVID-19 vaccines
- Important COVID-19 updates from the CDC
Once completed, you will receive a certificate of completion to verify you have finished the training. Course length: 45 minutes.
The information contained in these trainings was derived from publications of OSHA, OCR, FDA, CDC, NIAID, ATSDR, HHS or WHO (Government Sourced Material). None of the planners, authors or instructors for this activity have any relevant financial relationships to disclose. The Government Sourced Material used by AMC is available for no charge on their associated websites. The use of the Government Sourced Material by AMC does not imply endorsement or recommendation by OSHA, OCR, FDA, CDC, NIAID, ATSDR, HHS or WHO or by the United States Government, of AMC, its enterprise, its facility, its services or its products. © 2024 American Medical Compliance, no copyright claimed in Government Sourced Material. If you are not completely satisfied with this course within 30 days you will receive a full refund.
Note: This Training is Subject to Change as the COVID-19 Situation Evolves.