The following Human Trafficking Training for Dental Healthcare Providers course is designed to educate dental healthcare providers (DHCP) on how to identify a human trafficking victim and provide medical treatment. This course also reviews the role the State of Texas has in the prevention of human trafficking.
What you will learn:
- Key principles and concepts regarding human trafficking
- Human trafficking laws
- Congress findings on human trafficking
- Differences between human trafficking and smuggling
- Challenges and vulnerabilities of human trafficking
- How victims are trafficked
- Trafficker profiles
- Health impact on victims
- Injuries and chronic medical problems with victims
- Healthcare provider role in human trafficking prevention
- Human trafficking indicators
- Importance of healthcare providers
- Identification and assessment of victims in healthcare
- Mental treatment strategies for victims
- Reporting victims of human trafficking
- HIPAA considerations
- Services for victims of human trafficking
- Resources available to victims
Once completed, you will receive a certificate of completion to verify you have finished the training. Course length: 1 hour & 30 minutes; CEU: 1.5.
The information contained in these trainings was derived from publications of OSHA, OCR, FDA, CDC, NIAID, ATSDR, HHS or WHO (Government Sourced Material). None of the planners, authors or instructors for this activity have any relevant financial relationships to disclose. The Government Sourced Material used by AMC is available for no charge on their associated websites. The use of the Government Sourced Material by AMC does not imply endorsement or recommendation by OSHA, OCR, FDA, CDC, NIAID, ATSDR, HHS or WHO or by the United States Government, of AMC, its enterprise, its facility, its services or its products. © 2023 American Medical Compliance, no copyright claimed in Government Sourced Material. If you are not completely satisfied with this course within 30 days you will receive a full refund.