The following Dental Healthcare Fraud, Waste, and Abuse (FWA) Training is designed to educate dental healthcare providers (DHCP) on how to prevent, detect, and report fraud, waste, and abuse in the dental healthcare setting.
What you will learn:
- Definitions of fraud, waste, and abuse
- Introduction to Medicare fraud, waste, and abuse
- Examples of fraud, waste, and abuse
- Fraud, waste, and abuse laws
- Federal Civil False Claims Act (FCA)
- Physician Self-Referral Law (Stark Law)
- Exclusion Statute
- Civil Monetary Penalties Law (CMPL)
- Anti-kickback Statute (AKS)
- Considerations regarding physician relationships
- Physician relationships with payers
- Physician relationships with vendors
- Compliance programs for physicians
Once completed, you will receive a certificate of completion. Course length: 1 hour and 30 minutes; CEU: 1.5.
The information contained in these trainings was derived from publications of CMS, OSHA, OCR, FDA, CDC, NIAID, ATSDR, HHS or WHO (Government Sourced Material). None of the planners, authors or instructors for this activity have any relevant financial relationships to disclose. The Government Sourced Material used by AMC is available for no charge on their associated websites. The use of the Government Sourced Material by AMC does not imply endorsement or recommendation by CMS, OSHA, OCR, FDA, CDC, NIAID, ATSDR, HHS or WHO or by the United States Government, of AMC, its enterprise, its facility, its services or its products. © 2023 American Medical Compliance, no copyright claimed in Government Sourced Material. If you are not completely satisfied with this course within 30 days you will receive a full refund.