The following Comprehensive Catheter and Perineal Care Training is designed to educate healthcare providers (HCP) on important aspects of catheter and perineal care.
What you will learn:
- Different types of catheters and their uses
- Materials, designs, and sizes of various catheters
- Proper hand hygiene techniques
- Signs and symptoms of infection and appropriate response measures
- Correct procedure for cleaning catheters
- Rationale behind specific catheter care practices
- Significance of perineal care
- Proper techniques for providing perineal care
- Common problems associated with catheter use
Once completed, you will receive a certificate of completion. Course length: 45 minutes.
The information contained in these trainings was derived from publications from NIH, Medline Plus, AHRQ, CDPH, or CDC (Government Sourced Material). None of the planners, authors or instructors for this activity have any relevant financial relationships to disclose. The Government and state Sourced Material used by AMC is available for no charge on their associated websites. The use of the Government and state Sourced Material by AMC does not imply endorsement or recommendation by NIH, Medline Plus, AHRQ, CDPH, CDC, or by the United States Government, of AMC, its enterprise, its facility, its services or its products. © 2024 American Medical Compliance, no copyright claimed in the Government Sourced Material. If you are not completely satisfied with this course within 30 days you will receive a full refund.