This license is for a single user. If you need additional licenses for teams of 100 or more, please contact us for special pricing.
The following Caring for LGBTQ+ Patients in Healthcare Settings course is designed to educate healthcare personnel (HCP) on how to properly treat members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender or queer/questioning (LGBTQ+) community to provide the best care and avoid inequalities of care.
What you will learn:
- Introduction to LGBTQ+ patients
- What does it mean to be LGBTQ+?
- LGBTQ+ features in medical care
- Challenges to caring for the LGBTQ+ community
- Usage of slang terms
- How to create a welcoming practice
- Special needs of bisexual and lesbian women
- Special needs of bisexual and gay men
- Reproduction and gynecological risks
- Transgender transitional care
- LGBTQ+ privacy and confidentiality
- The importance of cultural competence
Once completed, you will receive a certificate of completion.
The information contained in these trainings was derived from publications of OSHA, EEOC, DOL, OCR, FDA, CDC, NIAID, ATSDR, HHS, NCBI, or WHO (Government Sourced Material). None of the planners, authors or instructors for this activity have any relevant financial relationships to disclose. The Government Sourced Material used by AMC is available for no charge on their associated websites. The use of the Government Sourced Material by AMC does not imply endorsement or recommendation by OSHA, EEOC, DOL, OCR, FDA, CDC, NIAID, ATSDR, HHS, NCBI, or WHO or by the United States Government, of AMC, its enterprise, its facility, its services or its products. © 2023 American Medical Compliance, no copyright claimed in Government Sourced Material. If you are not completely satisfied with this course within 30 days you will receive a full refund.