This license is for a single user. If you need additional licenses for teams of 100 or more, please contact us for special pricing.
The following Assisted Living Facility OSHA Training for Healthcare Providers course is designed to educate healthcare providers (HCP) on how to protect themselves and others while adhering to State and Federal OSHA regulations. Healthcare providers will learn about the Bloodborne Pathogen Standard, Hazard Communication Standard, work safety procedures, and considerations for intimacy amongst residents.
What you will learn:
- Introduction to OSHA
- Introduction to the Bloodborne Pathogen Standard
- How to determine exposure
- Creating an exposure control plan
- Overview of bloodborne pathogens
- Overview of Needle-stick Safety and Prevention Act
- Creating a biomedical waste management plan
- Introduction to the Hazard Communication Standard
- Overview of Globally Harmonized System (GHS)
- OSHA pictogram requirements
- Overview of master chemical inventory
- Introduction to OSHA Emergency Temporary Standard (ETS)
- ETS requirements
- Workplace safety measures
- Creating emergency plans
- Creating an injury and illness prevention program
- Considerations regarding residents
- Sexuality in assisted living facilities
Once completed, you will receive a certificate of completion to verify you have finished the training. Course length: 2 hours.
The information contained in these trainings was derived from publications of OSHA, NLM, OCR, FDA, CDC, NIAID, ATSDR, HHS or WHO (Government Sourced Material). None of the planners, authors or instructors for this activity have any relevant financial relationships to disclose. The Government Sourced Material used by AMC is available for no charge on their associated websites. The use of the Government Sourced Material by AMC does not imply endorsement or recommendation by OSHA, NLM, OCR, FDA, CDC, NIAID, ATSDR, HHS or WHO or by the United States Government, of AMC, its enterprise, its facility, its services or its products. © 2023 American Medical Compliance, no copyright claimed in Government Sourced Material. If you are not completely satisfied with this course within 30 days you will receive a full refund.