The following Comprehensive Dementia Care in Dentistry Training is designed to educate dental healthcare providers (DHCP) on the various types, stages, and symptoms of dementia.
What you will learn:
- Effective communication strategies tailored for patients with dementia
- The importance of patient-centered care in dentistry for individuals with dementia
- Managing challenging behaviors commonly seen in dementia patients
- The complexities of pain assessment in patients with dementia
- Common oral health problems in patients with dementia
- Ethical issues in providing care to patients with dementia
- The role of multidisciplinary teams in providing comprehensive dental care
- The role of caregivers in the oral health of patients
- The latest research in dementia care
Once completed, you will receive a certificate of completion. Course length: 45 minutes; Dental CEU: 0.75 CEU.
The information contained in these trainings was derived from publications of DSHS, HRSA, and NIH(Government Sourced Material). None of the planners, authors or instructors for this activity have any relevant financial relationships to disclose. The following interactive course will satisfy the annual requirement mandated on a Federal and State level. The Government Sourced Material used by AMC is available for no charge on their associated websites. The use of the Government Sourced Material by AMC does not imply endorsement or recommendation by DSHS, HRSA, NIH or by the United States Government, of AMC, its enterprise, its facility, its services or its products. © 2024 American Medical Compliance, no copyright claimed in Government Sourced Material. If you are not completely satisfied with this course within 30 days you will receive a full refund.