The following Climate-Resistant and Environmentally Sustainable Practices Training for Healthcare Providers is designed to educate healthcare providers (HCP) on the risks to health systems and facilities associated with climate change.
What you will learn:
- Introduction to climate resilience
- Risks to healthcare facilities from climate change
- Risks to environmental sustainability from healthcare facility operations
- Fundamental requirements for providing safe and quality care
- Access to electricity
- Policy context
- Applying a climate-resistant lens to healthcare facilities
- Facility vulnerability
- Environmental sustainability
- A framework for action
- Interventions to build climate resilience in healthcare facilities
- Capacity development
- Interventions on environmental sustainability
- Water and sanitation interventions
- Energy interventions
- Infrastructure and technology interventions
Once completed, you will receive a certificate of completion to verify you have finished the training. Course length: 1 hour & 45 minutes.
The information contained in these trainings was derived from publications of OSHA, OCR, FDA, CDC, NIAID, ATSDR, HHS or WHO (Government Sourced Material). None of the planners, authors or instructors for this activity have any relevant financial relationships to disclose. The Government Sourced Material used by AMC is available for no charge on their associated websites. The use of the Government Sourced Material by AMC does not imply endorsement or recommendation by OSHA, OCR, FDA, CDC, NIAID, ATSDR, HHS or WHO or by the United States Government, of AMC, its enterprise, its facility, its services or its products. © 2023 American Medical Compliance, no copyright claimed in Government Sourced Material. If you are not completely satisfied with this course within 30 days you will receive a full refund.